Today, business survival depends on IT innovation. Enterprise cloud computing presents CIOs with tremendous opportunities to deliver that innovation—by thinking like CEOs in order to play a strategic role in driving new revenue and reducing costs. To help CIOs plan their cloud strategies, we’ve collected expert guidance from organizations with keen insights into cloud computing:
- Diane Bryant, Intel’s CIO, describes how Intel IT’s enterprise private cloud helps deliver business innovation and has saved USD 17 million to date. Page 5 »
- Management consulting firm Bain & Company explains how to tackle the biggest cloud challenge that enterprises face: changing organizational culture. Page 10 »
- NYSE Technologies’ cutting-edge extended private cloud helps financial firms develop new products faster and incur less risk. Page 11 »
We also include stories about how Intel, industry, and academia are working together to solve cloud challenges and create groundbreaking new capabilities:
- Intel’s USD 30 million investment in new research centers is designed to make clouds dramatically faster, increasingly scalable, and more secure in the future. Page 4 »
- The Open Data Center Alliance — an independent organization of global IT leaders — is defining a roadmap of the capabilities needed for interoperable clouds. Page 8 »
Intel recognizes that cloud computing is the future of enterprise IT, and our goal is to spur innovations that empower companies to achieve ongoing business success.